Departments > Town Clerk

Town Clerk

Contact Information:

Address: Town Hall, 80 Main Street Terryville, CT 06786
Phone: 860-585-4039
Fax: 860-585-4067
EMail:  Contact Us Form

Legal Notices/Press Releases

2023 LN Municipal Election Notice


Fraud Protection News Release and Information for Property and Mortgage Protection

Town Clerk Portal for Title Searches

Unlawful Restrictive Covenant

*NOTICE FOR NOTARY PUBLIC APPLICATIONS: Notary Public Licensing applicants must go to the State of CT site at: The State no longer accepts or utilizes paper forms.*


Town Clerk

  • Linda Konopaske

The Town Clerk is an elected position with a 4 year term

The Town Clerk's Office is responsible for the following:

  • Recording of Plymouth's records including deeds, mortgages, liens, releases, assessments, other land records, and vital statistics.
  • Collects fees for Dog Licenses (Renewed in June - $1.00 late fee per month or any part of a month applied thereafter.)
  • Prepares and issues copies of land records, maps and other public documents.
  • Signs and certifies copies of official documents.
  • Publishes legal notices as required.
  • Records town births, deaths and marriages.
  • Issues licenses as required by State Statute and local ordinances such as marriage and records certification of Notaries Public.
  • Records sexton's reports of cemetery burials.
  • Conducts Special Town Meetings.
  • Assists in voter registration in the absence of the Registrar of Voters and issues absentee ballots for elections and referendums.
  • Records Veterans discharge records.
  • Records and indexes maps.
  • Several forms are now available online through the permits and licenses page. You can print the form and complete it in handwriting, or complete the form of your choice (.pdf format) online by tabbing through the fields, and then select PRINT. Follow submission and payment instructions on each form. You cannot submit the form online, only print the completed form.
  1. Request for copies of the original certificate: Marriage Certificate
  2. Request for copies of the original certificate: Birth Certificate
  3. Application for Trade Name Certificate
  4. Application for Certificate of Dissolution of Trade Name
  5. Application for new Marriage License. This MUST be brought to the Town Clerk's Office by the bride and groom in order for it to be completed.

Please be sure to include a SELF-ADDRESSED STAMPED envelope for mail-in forms.

Due to time and staffing constraints, this office is no longer able to fulfill genealogy requests. You are welcome to come in to do your own research during normal business hours.