Plymouth Community Food Pantry
20 Dewey Ave., Terryville, CT
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/PlymouthCTFoodPantry/
The Plymouth Community Food Pantry provides food and referrals to those in need.
We are dedicated to working in and with our community to end hunger, its causes, and effects.
We currently serve about 5% of the population of Plymouth/Terryville. In 2016 we served 179 children, 272 adults, 103 senior citizens and we distributed 133, 542 pounds of food to families in need.
IF YOU WANT TO DONATE:
All donations are tax-deductible. Monetary donations are highly encouraged as the food pantry can purchase food at a significantly reduced rate. We purchase 65% of the food we distribute.
There are 3 ways to make a monetary contribution:
- Donate using PayPal and a credit card: Visit our website: www.PlymouthFoodPantry.org and click the "donate now" button
- Donate by check: Mail checks, payable to the Plymouth food pantry, to the Plymouth Community Food Pantry, 20 Dewey Ave. Terryville, CT 06786
- Donate in person: Visit the Plymouth Community Food Pantry 20 Dewey Ave., Terryville, CT anytime we are opened (see listing of hours below).
There are 2 ways to donate food:
- Monetary donations and donations of perishable and non-perishable items may be made at the food pantry location, 20 Dewey Ave. in Terryville, during the following times:
- o Mondays from 1:45 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- o Wednesdays from 12:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- o Fridays from 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- o First Tuesday of the month from 4:50 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Non-perishable items may also be dropped-off at Plymouth Volunteer Ambulance Corps building located at 191 Main Street in Terryville. This site is opened for donations seven days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. There is an area inside the back door for donations.
IF YOU WANT TO VOLUNTEER:
Volunteers are always welcome! No commitment necessary; just come when you can.
Volunteers are needed during the following hours:
- Mondays from 1:45 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays from 12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Fridays from 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- First Tuesday of the month from 4:50 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
IF YOU NEED FOOD:
APPLYING: If you are interested in applying to access the food pantry, please bring in proof of address for all adults (We serve Plymouth, Terryville, or Pequabuck) and ID’s for all household members including children.
HOURS TO GET FOOD: If you need food, please visit us during one of the following times: (no appointment necessary)
- Mondays between 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Fridays between 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
- On the first Tuesday of each month between 5:00 p.m.- 7:00 p.m.
IF YOU NEED DIRECTIONS:
- From Rt. 6, turn onto Allen Street.
- Take second right onto Fairview Avenue.
- Take second right onto Dewey Avenue.
- Turn left into parking lot.
IF WE’RE CLOSED:
If we’re closed and you need food, please dial 2-1-1 on your phone for a listing of area soup kitchens. Plymouth Food Pantry is closed on holidays. If the Plymouth Public School System is closed due to inclement weather, the Food Pantry will also be closed. If the food pantry is closed during school vacations, the closing will appear on WFSB T.V.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR MISSION!