PLEASE NOTE: There will be a .50 cent charge to print duplicate bills at the tax office window. If you do not have .50 cents the amount will be added to your bill. You can print your own duplicate bill at no charge at the Webster Bank website. Note: You do NOT need a personal Webster Bank account to ut.netilize this service.
Tax payment methods
The July bill is the ONLY BILL that you will receive for the year. For real estate and personal property (business furniture and fixtures), a second installment will be due the following January. Please make sure you SAVE the appropriate payment "coupon" to mail with your JANUARY installment. HELPFUL HINT: In July, attach your January coupon on your December calendar so you won't forget to pay it. PLEASE NOTE: your check is your receipt. No separate receipts will be mailed. If you registered a motor vehicle after October 1st, you will most likely receive a "motor vehicle supplemental bill" in January.
Due to the increase in postage, partial payment receipts will not be returned to you unless you have provided a self-addressed stamped envelope. There will be a .50 cent charge to print duplicate bills at the tax office window. If you do not have .50 cents the amount will be added to your bill. You can print your own duplicate bill at no charge at the Webster Bank website.
PENALTY FOR LATE PAYMENT - when payment is not paid on time interest is immediately 3%, second month or part thereof 4.5%, third month or part thereof 6 %, fourth 7.5% etc. Please save both yourself and the town time and postage by avoiding unnecessary partial payments. Clearance for DMV registration will not be issued unless all motor vehicle taxes, current & prior have been PAID IN FULL .
If you got a bill for a vehicle or property that YOU NO LONGER OWN, please DO NOT ignore the bill. Call the Assessor's Office at 585-4004 to discuss the matter. Any questions regarding your assessed value on any real estate or motor vehicle must be discussed with them. You may be asked to come to the Assessor's Office and provide plate receipts, bills of sale or any proof of change in ownership.
Methods of Payment to avoid waiting in line
1. Pay tax bill online
FYI: SEWER BILLS CANNOT BE PAID ONLINE. Sorry for the inconvenience.
1. Webster Bank: Pay Real Estate or Motor Vehicle tax online at the Webster Bank website using your checking account, savings account, or debit card. You must provide the LAST name. Include first name for a more detailed search. Please note, the search results are printed BELOW the inquiry box. The website address is: https://www.mytaxbill.org/inet/revenue/disclaimer.do?town=plymouth
First time users must create an account, free of charge. A .50 cent transaction fee is charged for all payments made per incident. For example, if you pay several tax bills at one time, you will be charged .50 cents once. If you pay your car bill one time, then your property tax on a separate occasion (even if it's the same day) you will be charged a transaction fee of .50 cents for each payment made. Read Webster Bank FAQ's if you have any questions. Note: You do NOT need a personal Webster Bank account to utilize this service.
2. MCC.net: Pay Real Estate, Personal Property and Motor Vehicle tax bills online at the mcc.net website via ACH (electronic checking), or by credit card. There is a fee for this service.
If you are a first time user, you must sign up. Returning users can click here to login.
What are the costs?
ACH (Electronic transfer) $0.25 PER BILL
Each bill paid is considered a separate transaction. If you have a special account you plan to use (i.e. Money Market), make sure you take these charges into consideration.
MCC accepts MasterCard®, Discover®, American Express®, and VISA®*. The convenience fee for using a credit card is approximately 3% of the payment, except for payments under $100 where the convenience fee will range from approximately $1 to $4. ** Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
* VISA is available for tax payment only.
If you are using a debit card, it will be treated as a credit card payment and will have the same charges associated with credit card payments.
A payment calculator is located at the bottom of the MCC sign up page.
Why should I pay bills online?
- Convenient and secure
- Accessible 24 hours a day
- Schedule your payment today to occur at a later date
- Payment history allows you to view all the payments you have submitted through eBill.
- Pay using a checking/savings account or with your credit card
- Payment posted emails sent by the Tax Office let you know your payment was received and processed.
Who do I contact with questions?
- For questions regarding online bill payment, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone them at 508-460-6000 ext. 601.
- For questions related to your tax bill please contact the Tax Office at 860-585-4036.
3. Official Payments: Pay by credit card at the officialpayments.com website or by using your phone. Be aware that no utility (sewer use/assessment) payments can be made with a VISA card. All other bills can be paid with VISA or MasterCard debit or credit cards. A convenience fee of 3% will be charged by the vendor, Official Payments Corporation. To pay by phone, call 1-800-272-9829. Pay via the internet at www.officialpayments.com. The town's jurisdiction code is 1718. Make sure you get a confirmation number! Official Payments Corp. is the same company used by the IRS for phone and computer payments.
2. Please use the envelope provided and mail in your payment.
3. Use the drop box located in the Police Department, open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
4. Hand deliver your payment to the Tax Office at 80 Main St., Terryville. Tax Collection hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:15 p.m. Extended hours will be announced at a later date. Please bring your whole bill to the office, do not tear anything off.
Assessments & Exemptions: The Tax Collector does not determine the amount of the tax. If you have any questions regarding the ASSESSED VALUE of a motor vehicle or Real Estate, or vehicles no longer registered to you, please call the ASSESSOR'S OFFICE at 585-4004. For questions regarding motor vehicle values or the Appeal Process, call the Assessor at 585-4004. Any plate receipts, bills of sale, and proof of change in owners need to be directed to the Tax Assessor's Office.
Real Estate Sold or Transferred: Real Estate taxes appear in the name of the owner on the current GRAND LIST (AS OF OCTOBER 1st 2006). If property has been sold or transferred, it would be greatly appreciated if you would forward this bill to the new owner or return it to the tax office.
Regarding Delinquent Taxes: If your tax bill has “BACK TAXES ALSO DUE” printed on your bill that means you ALSO OWE for previous year’s taxes. Back taxes must be paid first before we can accept payment on current taxes . PLEASE DO NOT SEND LATE PAYMENTS WITHOUT THE PROPER INTEREST ADDED. CALL THE TAX OFFICE FOR THE CORRECT AMOUNT. By law we are required to collect interest on all LATE Payments. Payments sent in late without the correct amount of interest added WILL BE SENT A PARTIAL PAYMENT SLIP, WITH A BALANCE DUE!!! Call 860-585-4036 BEFORE mailing any delinquent bills. Send delinquent payments to the Tax Office at 80 Main St., Terryville.
Other Information: Sign offs on Building Permits are denied if back taxes are owed.
The mill rate for July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013 is 34.9.
If for any reason you cannot pay in full, you may make partial payments until paid. Pay as much as you can before becoming delinquent. You will save interest by making regular partial payments until you are up to date. Please note that due to the increase in postage, partial payment receipts will not be returned to you unless you have provided a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Tax Office Information